Venture Retreat offers its wedding parties:
- Exclusive use of the entire retreat facility during their stay
- A comfortable centrally heated lodge with five bedrooms, three baths and 23 beds
- 20' x 34' meeting room with large stone fireplace (One bundle of firewood is provided. Our Rates and Guest Information page provides information about purchasing more firewood)
- "Here comes the bridal party" wedding prep services include hair, make up, nails and massage. These services offered by Oasis Wellness Spa.
Fully equipped kitchen and dining room:
- Commercial gas range: griddle, 8 burner stovetop, 2 ovens
- Basic cooking and food preparation utensils
- 3 Refrigerators
- 2 sinks, double and single
- China and flatware for 50
- Five bedrooms with 2 to 5 beds per room
- 11 twin beds, 4 bunk beds, 2 queens and 2 full-size beds
- A newly restored 2 bedroom cabin adjacent to the main lodge, with a queen and a twin in each sleeping room
- A 27' yurt with a wood stove, composting toilet and outdoor shower.
- Ample room for camping in the surrounding meadow
Amenities at Venture Retreat include:
- A 60’x20’ swimming pool
- Large 10' round hot tub
- 1000 square feet of sun decks
- 22 acres of meadow and forest
A unique, memorable wedding retreat weekend
... took place over three days the first weekend in July within the peace, nature, and serenity of Venture Retreat. The weekend will be a warm remembrance for the bride and groom and all in attendance as years go by. It was a moment in time highlighted by inter-personal connections that blossomed like summer roses, buzzed with the honey bees, and hummed with our local Hummingbirds. The trees gently whispered their love songs and were delivered on a warm summer breeze.
Amidst the sounds of laughter and giggling, the retreat setting was an open invitation for friends and family to mingle and share in swimming, hiking, playing music, and enjoying kegs of home-made beer. There were traditional wedding reception moments like the bouquet toss and garter removal, while the nature honoring bride's womb blessing ceremony and the fire ceremony, where guests were encouraged to "burn away" negative attachments and habit patterns, delighted everyone.
Watch the video below to see the magic that is found at Venture Retreat Center. Visit the Apollo Fotografie web page to view photos and more information about this wonderful wedding. Credits: Apollo Fotografie