Venture is a non-profit corporation organized under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. As such, our rates are set at the minimum necessary to adequately operate and maintain the facility. All income is reinvested in the facility, and no individual or group derives any monetary benefit from our operations.
Weekend Rates (Friday 3pm thru Sunday 2pm). Check-in and check-out times negotiable upon calendar availability.
- $70 per person per night in the lodge or cabins
- $60 per person per night for yurt
- $50 per person per night for camping
- $2380 minimum for the weekend
- $60 per person per night in the lodge or cabins
- $50 per person per night for yurt
- $50 per person for camping
- $600 minimum per night
Day-use / Non overnight Rates (add-on visitors included with current group)
- $30 per person for weekday and $35 per person for weekend
Day-use Only Rates (Monday - Friday)
- $35 per person per day with a $350 minimum
Holiday and High Season Rates
- 15% additional charge applies to all the following holidays and weekends that fall closest to the holiday: Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years
NOTE: Site fees will be applied to special events & weddings based on group
size and additional services.
- CateringGift baskets
- Personal chef
- Spa Services
- Private classes
What to Bring and What Venture Provides
- Please bring your own personal toiletries
- You may also like to bring food, a flashlight, toiletries, insect repellant, swim suit, comfortable shoes, slippers for the lodge
- Food - We do not provide meals. You may use our kitchen for self service or hire a caterer to serve your group. We have more information on caterers and would be happy to give you some companies that we work with on a regular basis.
- Firewood - Venture provides one bundle of firewood per group. Additional firewood may be available from Venture. If not, firewood can be ordered from Phipps Ranch, 650 879-0787.
- Linens - Venture provides towels, sheets and pillowcases, pillows and blankets
- The Lodge is centrally heated
Guidelines for Guests
A few simple guidelines help us keep our rates reasonable and the retreat center clean and in good condition.
No pets. Wildlife is abundant at Venture Retreat. Bobcats, coyote, deer, raccoons and over 100 species of birds have all been observed within sight of the lodge. For the protection of both wildlife and your pets, as well as out of consideration for other guests, no pets are allowed at the center.
Do not pick plants inside the pool fence. All plants inside the pool fence should be left intact for the enjoyment of others.
Guests are responsible for the following prior to check-out:
- Cleaning the kitchen (all dishes are cleaned and put back to their original places, remove all food from fridge, all counter tops and surfaces cleaned, sweep the floor, all appliances put back to their original homes).
- Returning all furniture and interior decorations to their original positions
- Picking up trash, both inside and outside, and placing it in receptacles in the kitchen or in garbage bags that should be left in the utility room adjacent to the kitchen. Do not leave trash outdoors
- Place used towels, sheets and pillowcases on top of the washing machine
Groups will be charged for materials and staff time at the rate of $20 per hour for the time required to return the facility to the condition in which you found it with the exception of vacuuming the rugs and mopping the floors, which Venture staff is responsible for.
Venture Retreat is very private and groups have exclusive use of the facility.