Venture is a non-profit corporation organized under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. As such, our rates are set at the minimum necessary to adequately operate and maintain the facility. All income is reinvested into the facility, and no individual or group derives any monetary benefit from our operations.
Weekend Rates (Weekend nights Friday and Saturday, check-in begins at 3:00pm. Checkout is at 11:00am). Late check-in or late checkout can be accomodated on a limited basis, depending on availability, and at an additional cost.
- $1610 for up to 23 people in Historic Lodge, $70 for additional people per night
- $250 for up to 3 people in the beautifully furnished tent cabin (1 available)
- $225 for up to 3 people in the Nasturtium Wood Cabins (2 available)
- $600 for up to 10 people per night in Yurt, $60 for additional people per night
- $55 per person per night for camping
- $1400 for up to 20 people in Historic Lodge, $70 for additional people per night
- $230 for up to 3 people in the beautifully furnished Tent Cabin (1 available)
- $210 for up to 3 people in the Nasturtium Wood Cabins (2 available)
- $440 for up to 10 people per night in Yurt, $55 for additional people per night
- $50 per person for camping
Day-use / Non-overnight Rates are for add-on visitors included with current groups
- $30 per person for weekday and $35 per person for weekend
Day Only Events that begin and end outside of our standard Check-in times are charged our minimum overnight rates for any and all structures that are used for the additional time that we need to block out, so that other guests don't book it. Check-in for Day Only Events will begin at 8:00am and conclude at 5:00pm. There will be a per person charge of $30 during the week, and $35 during the weekend, plus the minimum overnight rate for two nights. Rates vary based on structures that are used.
Holiday and High Season Rates
Holidays: 15% additional charge applies to all the following holidays and weekends that fall closest to the holiday: Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years
Special Events and Weddings: Site fees will be applied to special events & weddings based on group size. Additional services and rentals are available, please inquire within.
- Gift Baskets
- Personal Chef
- Spa Services
- Private Classes
What to Bring and What Venture Provides
- Please bring your own personal toiletries
- You may also like to bring food, a flashlight, toiletries, insect repellant, swim suit, comfortable shoes, slippers for the lodge
- Food - We do not provide meals. You may use our kitchen for self service or hire a caterer to serve your group. We have more information on caterers and would be happy to give you some companies that we work with on a regular basis.
- Firewood - Venture provides one bundle of firewood per group. Additional firewood may be available from Venture. If not, firewood can be ordered from Phipps Ranch, 650 879-0787.
- Linens - Venture provides towels, sheets and pillowcases, pillows and blankets
- The Lodge is centrally heated
Guidelines for Guests
A few simple guidelines help us keep our rates reasonable and the retreat center clean and in good condition.
No pets. Wildlife is abundant at Venture Retreat. Bobcats, coyote, deer, raccoons and over 100 species of birds have all been observed within sight of the lodge. For the protection of both wildlife and your pets, as well as out of consideration for other guests, no pets are allowed at the center.
Do not pick plants inside the pool fence. All plants inside the pool fence should be left intact for the enjoyment of others.
Guests are responsible for the following prior to check-out:
- Cleaning the kitchen (all dishes are cleaned and put back to their original places, remove all food from fridge, all counter tops and surfaces cleaned, sweep the floor, all appliances put back to their original homes).
- Returning all furniture and interior decorations to their original positions
- Picking up trash, both inside and outside, and placing it in receptacles in the kitchen or in garbage bags that should be left in the utility room adjacent to the kitchen. Do not leave trash outdoors
- Place used towels, sheets and pillowcases on top of the washing machine
Groups will be charged for materials and staff time at the rate of $20 per hour for the time required to return the facility to the condition in which you found it with the exception of vacuuming the rugs and mopping the floors, which Venture staff is responsible for.